Thursday 17 May 2012

The Two-Minute Comfort Food (the Ultimate Mug Cake)

Okay, so I know this isn't exactly Indian. But Indians eat cake, too. I promise. I have an incurable sweet-tooth, and I have been experimenting forever with mug cake recipes. The idea of the goodness of homemade cake never more than two minutes from my grasp is a siren's song--it's like, better than alchemy. Who needs to turn base metals into gold when you could have fresh, hot cake two minutes from whatever time you decided you wanted it? It seemed too good to be true. I had never exactly found one that was entirely to my satisfaction. They all lacked the yumminess of a real cake. "Well, duh," you might say. "You bake it in the microwave." I know, I know. But after years of experimentation, this is it. I would rather eat this two-minute mug cake than most cakes available for purchase. Once you try it, you'll believe!

Mix
1 tablespoon of wheat flour
1 tablespoon of white flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
and a pinch of salt

in a mug:

Add:

1/4 tsp vanilla
1 scant tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons of almond milk (yes, you can use regular milk, too)

Mix and add a generous tablespoon of vegan (or not) chocolate chips:



Mix again and microwave for 45 seconds:




Cake. Vegan. Moist. Delicious. Whenever you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment