Friday 18 May 2012

Vegan Blueberry Flaxseed Waffles




We have had a lot of requests for blueberries and flaxseeds over here. They are, I know, very healthy. Still, I promise to change things up. I make no pretense that waffles are in any way Indian. My Indian husband eats them and loves them, and they are delicious, so I thought I'd share.

Add to a bix mixing bowl:
2 bananas
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of flaxseed meal
1 tablespoon of broan sugar
1/2 tablepoon of maple syrup
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder



and 1/2 cup olive oil (Yes, olive oil. Trust me.)

Mash everything together. I like to use a potato masher for this part.



Next, add 1 and 1/2 cups almond milk and mix until smooth.



Gently mix in about 3/4 of a cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Spray your wafflemaker with nonstick spray (this is important as these guys tend to stick).

Cook until the wafflemaker tells you it's done. I like to leave mine in just a minute or so longer. I serve mine with powdered sugar, blanched almonds and extra blueberries. My husband likes maple syrup on his.

No comments:

Post a Comment